Health & Nutritional Benefits of Cabbage, Nutrition Facts of Cabbage
Cabbage is one of the finest and oldest vegetables of the world. Veiled in the numerous layers of leaves, are its innumerable health & nutritional benefits. A very common vegetable which everyone can afford and include in the diet in raw as well as in cooked form.
It is included in broccoli and cauliflower family. This vegetable is eaten as salads and different dishes are made out of it as well. There are different types of cabbages available in the market which may be around 400 types. Cabbages are also green leafy vegetables like other vegetables belonging to this family. Lets know about the nutritional benefits of cabbage
Cabbages are available in different colors. Green, purple, red colored cabbages are mostly famous all around the world. Different famous cabbage varieties are Bock-Choy and Napa cabbage but light green cabbages are most famous among others.
Nutritional Benefits of Cabbage
1. Cabbages are high in fiber content. It helps you indigestion. Fresh cabbages are very much effective for ulcers. It also possesses anti-inflammatory properties because cabbages contain large number of glutamine.
2. The nutritional benefits of cabbage are very good for losing weight as cooked cabbages are very low in calories, only 33 calories per one cup.
3. The storage of different phytochemicals including thiocyanates, indole-3-carbinol, lutein, zea xanthin, sulforaphane and isothiocyanates are powerful antioxidants that can fight many cancer diseases which include breast, colon and prostate cancer types. It also helps in reducing cholesterol percentage and LDL percentage inside blood.
4. Cabbages contain vitamin C that has the potential ability to build a strong immune system. It regulates the percentage of harmful oxygen derived free radicals and maintains your health. So the nutritional benefits of cabbage help you in protection from viral infections and other diseases as well.
5. Cabbage nutritional benefits are helpful in case of muscle pain. It reveals lactic acid when you get a muscle pain which is caused due to some accident wounds or other reasons. You can eat cabbages in many forms which may be steamed, boiled, cooked, raw cabbage or grilled also.
6. Cabbage nutritional benefits are also good for your skin. Various antioxidants present in cabbages protect skin from damaging. It protects from UV light and keeps you skin younger. Cabbage juice is also helpful to your skin as well. You can apply it as a face pack with honey. It also clears acne and pimples from your skin by cleaning your intestine with the help of vitamin C.
7. Cabbages are rich in vitamin K content that protects your bone. It regulates bone metabolism with the help of the osteotrophic activities. Vitamin K also cures Alzheimer’s disease by protecting the damage caused neuronal imbalance.
8. Cabbage’s nutrition facts also include minerals like phosphorous, sulfur, potassium, iron and magnesium and manganese. These minerals maintain your overall health by curing many diseases. These minerals also keep your heart healthy by maintaining heart rate and blood vessels.
9. Cabbage juice also reduces your headache. The lactic acid present in cabbages decreases your stress and gives you relief and relaxes from headache.
10. Cabbages are also rich in vitamin percentage. The nutrition facts of Cabbage are amazing; the vitamin contents include vitamin B5, vitamin B6, and vitamin B1. These nutritional benefits of cabbage protects you from mouth ulcer and stomach ulcer as well.