Watermelon is mostly eaten in summer to prevent the sun heat having thirst quenching properties. It is rich in antioxidant lycopene and Vitamin A. It is a delicious fruit with plenty of water percentage in it which protects from summer temperatures. It has outer covering of green or yellow color which is a bit thick and the internal part consists of black seeds with fleshy and juicy material which is pink or red in color. It has a flavor of plain sweet syrup type. It is available in different types. Though it can be produced anytime in a year but it is mostly eaten in summer.
Nutritional Benefits of Watermelon:
#1: It keeps your body hydrated
- Watermelons are largely available in market during summer. Our body gets dehydrated in summer due to excessive sun heat and temperature. Watermelon has 92% of water and electrolytes. So, watermelons hydrates body and skin when water and minerals are lost in sweating thus reducing the chances of dehydration.
#2: It keeps renal healthy
- Plenty of water and mineral contents in watermelon clean kidney for which frequent urination happens.
- Watermelon contains potassium that removes toxic elements from body and abandons renal calculi which is produced in the body and it reduces the percentage of uric acid present in blood.
#3: Helps in losing weight
- The best nutritional benefit of watermelon is that it is a delicious sweet with low calories and percentage of water content is too high in it. Due to this it helps in reducing weight.
- It is the best option for calorie free snacks with plenty of water contents and minerals for your body.
#4: Increases brain power
- This nutritional benefit of watermelon is really helpful for students for increasing their brain power as it contains good amount of Vitamin B6 that is helpful in increasing brain power. As the water percentage is 92% in it, it increases brain power because water percentage in watermelon is similar to that of water percentage in brain. Brain chemicals are produced by eating watermelons which reduces stress and depression and lets you have a sound sleep.
#5: It lets your skin glow
- Watermelons show astringent quality a little bit that helps in glowing skin and good for beauty treatment. It neutralizes free radicals for which wrinkles, pimples and scars get cured.
- It is a good cure material for skin damage.
#6: It protects from UV rays
- Watermelons contain carotenoid pigment, lycopene. Lycopene gives protection against UV rays. UV rays damage your skin and causes different diseases so watermelon is one of the best fruit provided by nature.
#7: Protection against cancer
- It contains antioxidants and flavonoids which gives protection against some types of cancers like colon, breast, lung, pancreatic and many other cancer types.
- Watermelon gives proper protection against oxygen free radicals and cells of human body.
#8: Solves vision problem
- The content of Vitamin A in watermelon is good for eye sight. It creates immunity and also protects skin and mucus membranes. It increases eye sight power and protects eye from different infections. The best nutritional benefit of watermelon is that daily intake of 100g of it will keep your eye healthy always.
#9: Cures heart problems
- As we know potassium is present in body cell and fluid thus having ability to maintain heart rate and blood pressure. Watermelon contain a good amount of potassium which helps in curing heart disease keeping heart healthy. This is one of the best nutritional benefit of watermelon.
#10: Protection against infection
- As watermelon contains Vitamin B6, B1, C and manganese, it gives a kind of protection shield against outer infections.
I really appreciate facts about watermelon
Thanks for commenting 🙂
Summer time, lots of watermelon! Thanks for sharing the facts. Very helpful 🙂
I’m glad that the article was helpful to you. Have a great summer season ahead 🙂
Watermelon is natural and good for body.
awesome very good water melon everyday
fruits are good generally
that’s great time to eat more. great job.
This overheating seasons.. melon is the best… i just had 1/4 of it and i dont feel dry like last few days…. xD
Thank God for creating them all and giving man the indept knowledge of benefitng from it. I appreciate your research time just for us to share.
I am happy to get important information regarding my favorite fruit watermelon. I am requested to you kindly send some research studies regarding watermelon or refer me some links,I want to learn more with research evidence
Thanks for the useful and well detailed information about watermelon,but does it mean that it had no disadvantages ,looking at the percentage of sugar in watermelon.
Please what are the implications of the sugar level tkhns
How can I print this out or can you send me a copy so I can share the benefits of watermelon to my TOPS group. P O Box 1644 Eureka Mt 59917
Please let me know ASAP if you can get me a copy. I can’t seem to print it out H E L P !!!!!!