10 Amazing, Fun & Interesting Facts About Brazil
Brazil, officially known as Federative Republic of Brazil is a country located in South America. It is 5th most largest country in the world and also 5th most populated country in the world. Let us know some interesting facts about Brazil
Interesting Facts About Brazil
#1: Some Quick Facts
- The name of the country comes from the name of the tree called ‘BrazilWood’
- In Portuguese, it is called Brasil and the language is called Brazil
- The conventional long form of Brazil is Federative Republic of Brazil.
- Brasilia is the capital city of Brazil.
- It has an estimated area of 8,514,877 sq km and a coastline of 7,491 Km.
- The Christ Redeemer located in Rio De Janeiro is located in Brazil which is one of the new seven wonders of the world.
#2: Huge Area!
- Brazil is the fifth largest country in the world.
- It is the largest country in South America.
- It is the longest country in the world spanning 2800 miles via land from north to south
- It is also the largest country in Latin America.
- Brazil has the second highest number of airports in the world.
- It has the tenth largest railway network in the world.
- It also has the third largest roadways in the world.
- Apart from this, it also has the world’s eighth largest economy in the world.
#4: Highest & Lowest
- The highest point in Brazil is the Pico da Neblina at a height of 2994m.
- The lowest point in the country is Atlantic Ocean at 0m.
- Brazil has the official language as Portuguese.
- The country is the largest Portuguese speaking country in the Americas and has the largest Portuguese speaking population in the world.
- Brazil has one of the fastest growing economies. It has an annual growth rate of 5%.
- The country has the ninth highest number of billionaires in the world.
- It also stands tenth highest in the list of vehicle owners in the world.
- Brazil is one of the leading producers of hydroelectric power.
- The country is totally energy independent since the year 2006. It was importing 75% of its energy needs in the form of oil.
#8: Rain Forests
- Brazil has 60% of the rainforests that make up the Amazon rain forests.
- It also constitutes the world’s 25% of the rain forests.
#9: Bio Diverse Richness
- Brazil has the most number of species of mammals, plants, fresh water fishes.
- It has the record for the most number of species of monkeys in the world.
- It stands third with respect to the number of bird species and fifth with respect to the number of reptile species. These interesting facts about Brazil related to Bio diversity of Brazil are really amazing.
#10: The People
- With a population of around 200 million people, Brazil stands fifth largest in terms of the population.
- Brazil has the second highest Christian population in the world.
- The ethnic split up roughly constitutes Europeans – 54%, 6% Africans, 39% Mixed Euro Africans and 1% of other people.
- The literacy rate is very low in this country at 86.4%.
One more interesting fact about Brazil: Resources & Production
- Brazil exports Coffee, Soybeans, Wheat, Rice, cocoa, citrus, beef and sugarcane.
- The best coffee in the world is said to come from Brazil.
- Natural resources like iron ore, tin, Aluminium, gold, Phosphate, Platinum, Uranium, Manganese, Copper, Coal.