10 Amazing Health & Nutritional Benefits of Watermelon, Nutrition Facts of Watermelon
Nutritional Benefits of Watermelon:
#1: It keeps your body hydrated
- Watermelons are largely available in market during summer. Our body gets dehydrated in summer due to excessive sun heat and temperature. Watermelon has 92% of water and electrolytes. So, watermelons hydrates body and skin when water and minerals are lost in sweating thus reducing the chances of dehydration.
#2: It keeps renal healthy
- Plenty of water and mineral contents in watermelon clean kidney for which frequent urination happens.
- Watermelon contains potassium that removes toxic elements from body and abandons renal calculi which is produced in the body and it reduces the percentage of uric acid present in blood.
#3: Helps in losing weight
- The best nutritional benefit of watermelon is that it is a delicious sweet with low calories and percentage of water content is too high in it. Due to this it helps in reducing weight.
- It is the best option for calorie free snacks with plenty of water contents and minerals for your body.
#4: Increases brain power
- This nutritional benefit of watermelon is really helpful for students for increasing their brain power as it contains good amount of Vitamin B6 that is helpful in increasing brain power. As the water percentage is 92% in it, it increases brain power because water percentage in watermelon is similar to that of water percentage in brain. Brain chemicals are produced by eating watermelons which reduces stress and depression and lets you have a sound sleep.
#5: It lets your skin glow
- Watermelons show astringent quality a little bit that helps in glowing skin and good for beauty treatment. It neutralizes free radicals for which wrinkles, pimples and scars get cured.
- It is a good cure material for skin damage.
#6: It protects from UV rays
- Watermelons contain carotenoid pigment, lycopene. Lycopene gives protection against UV rays. UV rays damage your skin and causes different diseases so watermelon is one of the best fruit provided by nature.
#7: Protection against cancer
- It contains antioxidants and flavonoids which gives protection against some types of cancers like colon, breast, lung, pancreatic and many other cancer types.
- Watermelon gives proper protection against oxygen free radicals and cells of human body.
#8: Solves vision problem
- The content of Vitamin A in watermelon is good for eye sight. It creates immunity and also protects skin and mucus membranes. It increases eye sight power and protects eye from different infections. The best nutritional benefit of watermelon is that daily intake of 100g of it will keep your eye healthy always.
#9: Cures heart problems
- As we know potassium is present in body cell and fluid thus having ability to maintain heart rate and blood pressure. Watermelon contain a good amount of potassium which helps in curing heart disease keeping heart healthy. This is one of the best nutritional benefit of watermelon.
#10: Protection against infection
- As watermelon contains Vitamin B6, B1, C and manganese, it gives a kind of protection shield against outer infections.