10 Amazing Health & Nutritional Benefits of Papaya, Nutrition Facts of Papaya
Papaya is an amazingly delicious fruit referred to as ‘fruits of angels’. And let me tell you one more secret! When used on your face on a regular basis you might resemble an angle too. It is very easily available and affordable. You can grow it in your kitchen garden as well. Papaya’s nutritional benefits are really amazing.
This fruit is packed with nutrients that are truly beneficial for health which possess digestive, nutritional and medicinal features with curing capability for many diseases. It features buttery flesh inside the peel and is pear shaped. It is produced in all seasons especially in summer. Papayas are eaten in yellow ripen state or green papaya is added in curries. It is a traditional herbal medicine.
Nutritional Benefits of Papaya
#1: Papaya gives you glowing skin
- Papaya’s nutrition facts are beneficial against acne, pimples and other skin infections. It opens your pores of the skin. Papayas are mostly used in face packs.
- Fresh papayas possess dead cell dissolving ability that gives you a perfectly glowing skin.
- It is protective against skin infections and wounds too. Isn’t it great! This nutritional benefit of papaya is used by all beauty product companies
#2: Helps in digestion
- Papayas contain digestive enzymes that digest proteins by breaking the protein content. The enzyme that helps in digestion is mostly found in unripe state.
- It is full of digestive supplements and is also used in chewing gums. So next time your stomach is upset, cheer it up with a papaya.
#3: Papaya leaves increase the appetite in your body and cures menstrual pain
- The usage of blended papaya leaves in Luke warm water increases appetite in your body.
- The nutritional benefits of papaya are more useful for women, as papaya leaves also works as a cure for menstrual pain. You can take papaya leaf, tamarind and salt along with water that is helpful in frequent pain in women menstruation cycle.
#4: It heals wounds and prevents from blood clots
- An active enzyme fibrin is found in papaya which is also available in animal and human body. It helps in digestion and also prevents blood clots. It acts as healing reagent for external and internal wounds as well.
- It also prevents unnecessary blood clotting inside body.
#5: It controls bowel movements
- Papaya and its seeds possess anti-amoebic and anti-parasitic characters which controls the bowel movements. It cures diseases like indigestion, constipation, acid reflux, heart burn, irritable bowel syndrome, stomach ulcers and gastric problems also.
#7: It has anti cancer properties
- Papaya’s nutritional benefits are very good for curing cancer as it contains Flavonoid contents which act as antioxidants for your body which include beta carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin, cryptoxanthin are essential for curing cancer diseases.
- As we know fruits which contain carotenes protects from lung and oral cavity cancers.
- It controls the production of oxygen free radicals which cause harm to body and health.
#8: It protects heart
- Potassium is also present in a large amount in fresh papayas which helps in regulation of cell body fluids.
- It controls flow of blood maintain the proper blood pressure. It regulates harmful sodium effects inside the body. So it protects you from heart diseases. This is why nutritional benefits of papaya do wonders for heart patients.
#9: It is used for weight loss treatment
- Papayas are very low in calories with lot of vitamin contents, essential nutrients, minerals that is helpful in giving your body a perfect healthy diet.
- Papayas contains Vitamin C, E & A, folate, it also gives only 39 calories per a 100 gram. Presence of antioxidants burns your calorie down and extra fat deposits. So you can have a healthy breakfast with papaya. Papaya’s nutrition benefits are amazing, you can eat it as in salads, juice. The cocktails of papaya have lot of health benefits.
#10: Papayas are known to be natural medicine
- Papayas cure many diseases, infections and maintain good health. Papaya seeds also show different health benefits. The seeds also kill ring worms inside your stomach.
- Papaya leaves cure fever, dengue, skin diseases and several other diseases. So it is one of the best fruit with lot of health benefits.