10 Amazing Health & Nutritional Benefits of Pomegranate, Nutrition Facts of Pomegranate
Pomegranate is a one of the most popular nutritious fruit, its flavor and qualities makes it different to taste and it has some medicinal properties too. Its outer part possesses a leathery type texture and it is red/purple or an orange and yellow mixed in color. Inside it consists of cells of juicy arils which are crystal pink and seeds are present inside this in white color. Its a very good and smart choice for your dietary plans, as the nutritional benefits of pomegranate are amazing. The pomegranate arils make a perfect garnish for salads and other dishes also. Its juice is used in soups, jellies, sauces and different other types of cakes and its juice also add natural sweetness to the dishes with a unique flavor. It is said that daily intake of pomegranate makes your skin glow like its color inside.
Nutritional Benefits of Pomegranate:
#1: It reduces chances of cancer
- The free radicals inside the body occupy the electrons from body for which cells become unstable. For this cell damage occurs and healthy becomes dead. The antioxidants present in pomegranate helps in the combination process of free radicals inside body. So it gives protection against breast cancer and protest cancer, the nutritional benefits of pomegranate works by preventing the body from cancer disease.
#2: It boosts immunity inside body
- It contains vitamin C and dietary fiber. Vitamin C improves resistance for outer infections caused by the viruses.
- It strengthens immune system in the body and protects you from harmful diseases.
#3: It repairs digestive system
- Pomegranate is a rich source of soluble and insoluble fiber. So these contents help your digestive system becoming smooth and controls bowel movements.
- It also helps in improving blood circulation in the body.
#4: It is used for weight loss treatment
- It contains very low amount of natural fat with zero percent of cholesterol which keeps you slim. The soluble and insoluble dietary fiber content reduces extra fat deposits all around the body. So nutritionists suggest you to take pomegranate along with you food for losing weight.
#5: It protects heart
- Pomegranate reduces the unnecessary blood clotting properties of blood in the body. For which blood flows to heart in a moderate way thus reducing the heart attack chances. The nutritional benefits of pomegranate are good for heart patients, you can take pomegranate juice on daily basis to improve heart functioning.
#6: It has anti-inflammatory properties
- Pomegranate shows anti-inflammatory properties in several parts of body. For this reason there are so many health benefits of pomegranate, it yields a protection status against asthma, piles, diarrhea and other diseases.
#7: Pomegranates are full of vitamins and minerals
- The nutrition facts of pomegranate are very vast. It contains lots of vitamin contents such as Vitamin A, C, K, and B5. Other vitamin B complex compounds are also present in this fruit which include pantothenic acid, folates, pyridoxine which have lots of health benefits.
- Pomegranate is also full of minerals including calcium, potassium, copper and manganese that give a proper balanced nutrition for good health.
#8: It is used in various cosmetic products
- It has been used in various cosmetic products such as moisturizers, body lotion, hair products and various other beauty care products.
#9: It can cure cardiovascular diseases
- Daily intake of pomegranate juice reduces the thickness of fat accumulation in arteries. So it helps fighting and curing cardiovascular diseases.
#10: It is also included in super fruit category
- Presence of the essential vitamin, minerals, natural enzymes, flavonoids and other contents keeps you healthy. For this reason it is often included in super fruit category.