Health & Nutritional Benefits of Iceberg Lettuce, Nutrition Facts of Iceberg Lettuce
It is a crispy, crunchy, and tasty with a mild and watery taste which feels so great while eating. Before it was cultivated for seeds and oils but later it was found out that the leaves are edible and also tastes good then people started cultivating for its leaves. It is specifically eaten in salads which make salad looks perfect plus adding nutrition to the salad. It is otherwise used in sandwiches and tacos and plenty other dishes. It makes your food delicious for its crunchy texture and crispy taste. lets know about the nutritional benefits of iceberg lettuce
Nutritional Benefits of Iceberg Lettuce:
1. Iceberg Lettuce is very low in calorie. It has only one 11 calories per one cup. It is also very much low in fat percentage with a high profile proteins and nutrients that is helpful when you try to lose some weight. So daily consuming of iceberg lettuce is helpful for weight loss treatment. For best results take this lettuce with your salad in your breakfast.
2. It prevents you from many heart diseases. Moderate amount of potassium is present in this lettuce. This protects your heart by checking blood pressure and heart rate. There are more nutritional benefits of iceberg lettuce like the essential nutrients that harden arteries and the dietary fiber content maintains the blood flow rate to the heart keeping your heart healthy.
3. This green leafy vegetable contains dietary fiber along with Omega fatty acids that strengthens your health. So these nutrients give sufficient energy to maintain your health with proper functioning. So eating of these types of vegetables promotes good health.
4. It has great immune capability with the help of mineral contents like manganese, magnesium, potassium, iron, phosphorus and calcium. Presence of these mineral compounds decreases the harmful free radicals that improves the immune system inside the body and protects from viral infections and related diseases also.
5. It is enriched with iron content that has many beneficial properties towards health. Firstly it is required for the formation of red blood cells. Secondly it is for the transportation of oxygen to different parts of the body where it is needed. So the nutritional benefits of iceberg lettuce helps to prevent anemia.
6. Iceberg Lettuce nutritional benefits also helps in protecting the body from indigestive agents. It breaks down heavy protein and carbohydrates and gives proper functioning stomach. So it regulates bowel movements for which constipation and acid reflux can be cured.
7. It gives proper nourishment to the cells of the body. This is because the nutrition facts of iceberg lettuce are helpful for the fluidic maintenance of the cells. Potassium is one of the important constituent of the cell body fluids, thus it regulates fluidic motion of the cells. The protein content is also nourishes the cells.
8. It also helps in giving you a sound sleep. It relaxes eyes and body also. That is why it can cure Insomnia which is a sleeping disorder.
9. Iceberg Lettuce’s nutrition facts also includes lot of vitamin contents like vitamin A as 9 percent, vitamin C as 4 percent, and other additional vitamins as 2 percent of your daily requirement basis. Other vitamin contents include thiamine and vitamin B6.
10. the nutritional benefits of iceberg lettuce are more beneficial for women as it also contains folate which is helpful during pregnancy. It reduces risk of neural tube effects of the pregnant women. Its vitamin A content also protects eye.
Good to know. For years people have been slamming iceberg lettuce (my favorite — its crispy and crunchy!
They said "it doesn't have any vitamins, it's just water". Good to get the facts.