10 Amazing Health & Nutritional Benefits of Cantaloupe, Nutrition Facts of Cantaloupe
Cantaloupe is a delicious fruit with a unique flavor. It nearly resembles a melon and comes in different sizes and seeds inside like watermelon. It is still a confusion whether the fruit originated from India or Africa or ancient Persia. And it’s a gift for those who intake carcinogenic things like cigarettes as cantaloupe nutritional benefits minimizes its effect. So you can add this to your diet chart as it is a savior.
It has a green outer part containing orange color edible flesh inside it. It is a healthy fruit with low calories and a lot of vitamin contents. But it needs plenty of water with good irrigation facility to grow. Honey bees are needed for an effective pollination system. Cantaloupe is a summer fruit that gives best results against summer heat and other benefits also. Its weight ranges from 450gms to 850gms in round and oblong shape.
Nutritional Benefits of Cantaloupe
#1: Fights against Lung and Oral cavity cancers
- Cantaloupe contains a large amount of Vitamin A which is one of the best natural antioxidants for human body. So due to this antioxidant property, it fights against lung and oral cavity cancers keeping you disease free and healthy.
#2: It keeps your eye healthy
- As we know this fruit contains large amount of vitamin A, which is essential for maintenance of healthy mucus membrane and skin of your eye. This antioxidant keeps your eye healthy and protects from eye infections and gives you a good eye sight.
- It also protects you from those eye problems that are caused due to aging.
#3: It helps maintaining good health
- Cantaloupe’s nutritional benefits are vast. It is an excellent source of Vitamin A in a good quantity as half the body needs as daily basis and Vitamin C which is five times body need per day.
- It also provides other Vitamins like Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, E, K.
- Minerals provided by this fruit are Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, potassium, Zinc.
- Other vital nutrients by this fruit are Protein, Fat, Dietary fiber, Sugars, carbohydrates and water. Cantaloupe’s nutrition facts are very beneficial for your health.
#4: Protects from other cancers
- The antioxidant flavonoids like beta carotene, lutein, zea-xanthin and cryptoxanthin are very much powerful antioxidants that protect body from different cancer diseases by protecting cells and other oxygen free radicals.
- The types of cancer that it can be effective against and can be prevented by these antioxidants are colon cancer, prostate, breast, endometrial, lung and pancreatic cancers. This is why nutritional benefits of cantaloupe are very helpful for cancer patients.
#5: Protects you from UV rays
- An important factor present in Cantaloupe which is known as Zea-xanthin gives protection against UV rayswhich aids in protecting your eye and skin.
#6: It is a protection shield against diabetes
- For maintaining a proper diet plan one needs to have different types of supplements that a body requires daily.
- It gives half the vitamin supplement and other minerals and proteins. It is low in calorie, armed with all the supplements and dietary amounts the entire body needs. This is why the nutritional benefits of cantaloupe are beneficial for diabetic patients.
#7: Helpful in heart disease and blood pressure
- Cantaloupe nutritional benefits are helpful for heart patients as it contains potassium and electrolyte that helps body to prevent different diseases. As we know potassium is a component of body fluids, the presence of potassium in this fruit helps maintaining a good heart rate and keeps the blood pressure under control.
- It also gives protection shield against stroke and coronary heart diseases.
#8: It also protects you from infections
- Presence of Vitamin c protects the body from various infectious elements.
#9: Contains antioxidants good for health
- Cantaloupe contains manganese which is a cofactor for an enzyme with antioxidant properties. So this helps the body to stay healthy and fit.
#10: It is good for maintaining a slim body
- As it is very low in calorie coming with possibly all vital nutrients for the body, helps you in maintaining a slim body.
Eat them everyday Love them!